We all know how delectable chocolate cakes are and are also aware about the cheesecakes. Adding orange to this ultimate fusion results in something so yummy that your taste buds will be on a delicious ride for sure. The zesty cream cheese filling along with a chocolate biscuit base is an unique concept and you are definitely going to love this cake. Perfect for party celebrations and gatherings, you should surely try this cake. Below, we have shared a super easy recipe for the same. Let’s get started with the ingredients and recipe.
- 75 gm butter, melted, some extra for greasing
- 200 gm dark chocolate digestive biscuits, roughly broken
For the filling
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 140 gm golden caster sugar
- 150 ml tub double cream
- Two 280 gm tubs full-fat cream cheese
- 4 tbsp orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- Finely grated zest 1 ½ oranges
For the topping
- 50 gm almond milk chocolate, grated
- 50 gm orange milk chocolate, grated
Recipe / Instructions
- Simply grease and line a 20 cm springform cake baking container with parchment paper.
- To make the base, place the butter and biscuits in a food processor, beat into fine pieces, and tip them into the container. Spread equally over the base and press down delicately with the rear of a spoon. Put the container in the fridge and leave to set for 30 minutes.
- Put a huge piece of foil (extra-wide foil if available) on the kitchen platform. Put the cake container in the centre of the foil and raise the sides to make a foil bowl around the cheesecake. Put in a medium-sized baking container.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C. To make the filling, put the eggs and egg yolks in a food processor and blend until well joined. Include the cream, orange zing, cheese, sugar, and orange liquor to the food processor and blend until just joined. Pour the cheesecake filling delicately onto the chilled base.
- Add enough boiled water to the cooking container to rise about 2 cm up the sides. Cautiously place the simmering container in the centre of the oven and bake for around 1 hour 15 minutes. The cheesecake is prepared when it is light brown and looks set.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the grated chocolate. Let it cool in the water bath for 15 minutes. Lift the cake container from the water and let it cool for an hour or so. Cover with stick film and freeze the cheesecake overnight before serving.
- To serve, run a knife around the cheesecake and take it out from the container. Utilizing a palette blade, slide the cheesecake onto a level serving plate or turntable and slice into wedges to serve.
Your cheesecake is ready! Enjoy the delectable cheesecake with your dear ones. We bet your friends will surely ask for the cake recipe to bake this yummy beauty. So, bookmark this to share it with your friends and family. If you can’t bake the cheesecake, you can always avail online cake delivery in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore, Indore, Chandigarh, or in any other city across the country. Happy eating! Happy baking!